The National Decent Home Coalition in Bulgaria organizes a working meeting and a General Assembly to present the results of its three years of targeted work towards creating an adequate housing strategic and regulatory framework in the country.
The program of the event was structured in two panels:
The first panel was attended by two experts on strategic housing issues, respectively Mrs. Gergana Blagieva, Director of Housing Policy – Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works, presented the concept of MRDPW for continuation of the National Program for Energy Efficiency of Multifamily Residential Buildings and arch. Stoycho Motev – Chief Expert “Regional Analysis, Urban Planning, Territorial Development, Housing Policy, Tourism”, presented the main highlights of the development of a new National Housing Strategy and opportunities for cooperation with coalition experts.
The second panel presented a detailed report on the activities of the Decent Home Coalition for the period 2014 – 2017, after which members unanimously voted on Habitat Bulgaria to continue its activities as Coalition Coordinator for the next 3-year period (2017 – 2020).
The Coalition is an informal grouping of organizations led by a common desire, position and ideas to ensure better housing conditions in the country. It was initiated by Habitat Bulgaria at a founding forum in late January 2014 and since then has been actively working and recruiting new supporters and members. Currently, the coalition includes 32 organizations – non-governmental organizations, industry and professional associations, leading companies in the construction sector, municipalities. In addition, the National Association of Municipalities in the Republic of Bulgaria (NAMRB), the Municipal Energy Efficiency Network EcoEnergy and the Union of Architects in Bulgaria (UAB) participate in the coalition’s work as observers.
The work of the coalition is summarized in figures:
● 16 letters submitted with proposals for improvement of housing policies and legislation to the Ministry of Investment Design, Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works, National Council for Ethnic and Integration Cooperation;
● Over 60 specific proposals for amendments to the texts in the Condominium Management Act, the Spatial Planning Act and by-laws: Council of Ministers Decree No 18 of 2015 for the adoption of the National Program for Energy Efficiency of Multifamily Residential Buildings and its methodology, the Action Plan for the National Roma Integration Strategy;
● Almost 20 formal and informal meetings of the coalition at national and local level were held, of which 4 formal working meetings with representatives of the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works at the level of Deputy Minister, Ministerial Advisor, Director of Housing Policy Directorate;
● Second National Housing Forum organized jointly with Habitat Bulgaria;
● 3 coalition press conferences held.
Habitat Bulgaria, 55 “Lyuben Karavelov” Str., fl.1, apt.1, Sofia 1124, Phone: 02/983 24 10