On December 10, 2020, Habitat Bulgaria was accepted as a full member of the European coalition Right to Energy.
The coalition unites trade unions, anti-poverty groups, social housing providers, NGOs, environmental campaigners, health organisations and energy cooperatives across Europe.
The Right to Energy coalition actively campaigns to tackle energy poverty at an EU, national and grassroots level.
More from this category
- Habitat for Humanity Bulgaria launches Home Equals campaign in support of people living in informal settlements around the world 16.05.2023 - Habitat for Humanity Bulgaria and our partners around the world today launched a five-year campaign, called Home Equals, seeking policy changes at the local, national and global levels to increase access to adequate housing for people living in informal settlements. As part of the Home Equals campaign, Habitat Bulgaria is advocating for informal settlement upgrading […]
- Habitat for Humanity at COP27: Adequate and affordable housing central to achieving mitigation and adaptation goals 07.11.2022 - Sharm el-Sheikh (November 7, 2022) — Habitat for Humanity International is calling on delegates at the COP27 climate change conference to prioritize adequate and affordable housing, particularly for the most vulnerable people, to achieve a net-zero future for carbon emissions and meet the adaptation needs of human settlements. “The global community needs to put people […]
- WWF, Habitat for Humanity and partners held a conference on forest biomass 07.07.2022 - The event brought together scientists, experts, politicians and environmentalists. The way we produce and consume our energy today poses a number of risks. Air pollution takes more and more victims every year. The energy poverty in the region is growing, hence there is a risk of increasing the unsustainable use of forest wood for heating. […]
- “Biomass and just energy transition” conference 04.07.2022 - “Biomass and just energy transition” is the central theme of the regional conference, organised by the environmental organisation WWF CEE in partnership with Habitat for Humanity in Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary. Join us online via Zoom here: https://bit.ly/3nmjlwy, password: 828072. • 6 July 09:30 – 16:30 • 7 July 10:00 – 13:00 Experts from all […]
- Video of the conference „Policies for improvement of the housing conditions of vulnerable groups on municipal and natiоnal level“ 27.05.2022 - On April 14th, 2022 Habitat Bulgaria hosted the conference „Policies for improvement of the housing conditions of vulnerable groups on municipal and natiоnal level“. The agenda covered housing related issues on local, national and global level. Habitat Bulgaria raised pressing issues like the fact that Bulgaria still hasn’t adopted a National Housing Strategy, and that […]
- Housing without a future? 14.03.2022 - Has the housing stock in Bulgaria been managed properly? Who should support it? A national housing strategy for 2018-2030 was drafted in 2018, but it has not yet been adopted. Learn more about Habitat Bulgaria’s recommendations for improving the local housing policies and practices in the video below. Habitat Bulgaria is implementing the project „Research […]