On December 10, 2020, Habitat Bulgaria was accepted as a full member of the European coalition Right to Energy.
The coalition unites trade unions, anti-poverty groups, social housing providers, NGOs, environmental campaigners, health organisations and energy cooperatives across Europe.
The Right to Energy coalition actively campaigns to tackle energy poverty at an EU, national and grassroots level.
More from this category
- Video of the conference „Policies for improvement of the housing conditions of vulnerable groups on municipal and natiоnal level“ 27.05.2022 - On April 14th, 2022 Habitat Bulgaria hosted the conference „Policies for improvement of the housing conditions of vulnerable groups on municipal and natiоnal level“. The agenda covered housing related issues on local, national and global level. Habitat Bulgaria raised pressing issues like the fact that Bulgaria still hasn’t adopted a National Housing Strategy, and that […]
- Housing without a future? 14.03.2022 - Has the housing stock in Bulgaria been managed properly? Who should support it? A national housing strategy for 2018-2030 was drafted in 2018, but it has not yet been adopted. Learn more about Habitat Bulgaria’s recommendations for improving the local housing policies and practices in the video below. Habitat Bulgaria is implementing the project „Research […]
- Habitat distributes hotel vouchers at Ukrainian border, activates plan to help refugees with shelter needs in four countries 04.03.2022 - BRATISLAVA, Slovakia (March 4, 2022) — Habitat for Humanity this week began distributing hotel vouchers to families fleeing the violence in Ukraine as the humanitarian housing organization ramps up its efforts to reduce the vulnerability of refugees and meet their shelter needs in Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia. The vouchers, secured through Habitat’s partnership with […]
- Wienerberger and Habitat for Humanity International extend partnership to build and advocate for affordable homes 28.02.2022 - ATLANTA (Feb. 28, 2022) — Wienerberger Group, a supplier of building materials and infrastructure solutions, today announced it is extending a decade-long partnership with Habitat for Humanity International for an additional three years. Wienerberger will donate bricks, roof tiles and piping materials for use in Habitat homes while also contributing its expertise and volunteers to […]
- Lets use biomass without cutting down forests 03.12.2021 - The transition to a low-carbon economy can be achieved in a sustainable way. Habitat Bulgaria joins the experts of WWF Bulgaria, starting joint work on a new project, guaranteeing the sustainable utilization of biomass without additional risks of deforestation. Through this project WWF is taking a step forward in its work on combating climate change. […]
- Bulgarian homes – often overcrowded, energy inefficient and too expensive 25.11.2021 - Interview by Gergana Mancheva with Mincho Benov, national director of Habitat Bulgaria, Radio Bulgaria – BNR. Photo: BGNES Even during a crisis, when Bulgarians have limited their spending to basic things like food, fuel and heating, interest in new housing has not dropped. However, most of the newly built homes remain uninhabited for a long […]